If you haven't seen our news already, we could not be more thrilled to be expecting our fourth child! We are 14 weeks along and if everything goes as planned, he/she should make his/her grand arrival around July 20th, the baby's due date. As Kadence, Tayah, and Stockton were all C-sections, we actually know already that we'll go in on July 16th...one day before our anniversary. We'll make sure to celebrate the weekend before, although I'm sure we'll enjoy hospital food together the day of.
We are so excited! We told our children Christmas morning. It was the last gift, after we had opened everything I had put a bunch of baby items and toys into a gift bag. At the very bottom was a diaper bundled up. I asked Kadence to open it, to which she was naturally hesitant :). But she did and inside was a note saying, "Mommy has a baby in her tummy!!" The girls were giddy and talk about the baby every day. Kadence firmly believes it's a girl, but we'll see.
Stockton has no clue! Every time I asked him if there's a baby in Mommy's tummy, he exclaims with a huge smile, "Nooooo!" But he does include her/him in his prayers. So much fun.
We are very thankful, as we experienced a pair of miscarriages in 2011. Both were extremely hard experiences, but helped us be even more grateful to have a fourth little one. Elizabeth is feeling well and we'll find out if we'll even the score with a boy or if our Stockton will be severely outnumbered next month.
Wahoo!
8 comments:
Congrats! I understand now why you are a "warm body" for basketball! Good luck with everything. Hope it all goes smooth.
How exciting! Right before I clicked on your blog update, I had the thought "I wonder if they are having another baby" Wow. Inspiration I suppose. That's so great. :) :)
I know I already commented on fb, but I'm so happy for you guys. Especially after 2 miscarriages last year! It can be really hard to have the faith and courage to move forward after that. We're definitely looking forward to hearing whether you're evening the teams or not.
Clayton has had the same issue as Stockton. He didn't have a clue about what was happening. Since we've kind of decided on a name, I keep calling the baby that and Clayton seems to be connecting the idea a little more now. Though I think when the baby arrives, he'll still be a bit shocked. :)
Congrats, you two. That's great news!
hooray! congratulations! you know, we really should get together sometime since we live so close together.
Congratulations Smith Family! So exciting! We have been down the miscarriage path this past year too, it is rough. Glad you made it through the challenge and will add another sweet baby to your beautiful family!
Hooray! Congratulations! That's exciting!
Congratulations! Such exciting news that you will be adding to your adorable family!
Post a Comment