Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pardon Our Absence

To our adoring fans (mostly our families), we apologize for not blogging the past week or so. Suffice it to say, much has happened in the world of the Smiths. First off, Sunday's split had the expected results: excitement, tender feelings, sadness, and anticipation for what's to come. Basically, three wards became four, with our ward losing 250 great members (still leaving us with 450). I know there are some who have hard feelings, but hopefully time will soften things. There are many reasons and blessings that come with a split...mainly the opportunity to serve in new callings (potentially ones that will stretch us), to allow us to meet and fellowship new friends, and to help stregthen the testimonies of the members of the Church. Elizabeth is still in Young Womens and our bishopric stayed intact, for which we are grateful. Now, it's time to roll up our sleeves and get the Spring Creek 20th Ward reorganized (we lost many wonderful leaders). While we will miss those not in our ward, we love you all and are excited to let our friendships continue to grow.

That was the big news. Other than that, I was able to attend the BYU President's Leadership Council meetings last week. The PLC are some of BYU's most loyal donors and it's always an honor to see their excitement and love for BYU and the students. There were wonderful presentations, including Elder Ballard's concluding talk. I feel blessed to work where I do!

On Saturday, we visiting with Mike and Charlotte Francis. Mike and I grew up together, since the age of five, and have always be tied at the hip. It is always so great to see him, even if for just a brief visit. We love you guys!

As for the girls, Tayah has now sat up several times for 15+ seconds. She'll get there yet! Her army crawl is quite effective and she can get from one end of the room to the next in the blink of an eye. Kadence continues to astound us with her words and her overall cuteness. Last night, after changing her to her pajamas, she plopped herself on the couch and said "I don't need go to bed Daddy! I sit right here!" How precious!

No comments: