It's been an amazing ride that began back in May 2000. I could not have possibly foreseen how answering a simple ad on the BYU job board would carry me where it did, but I am completely grateful it has. The students I have the blessing of working with mean the world to me and I'm deeply miss being with them every day to share their successes and challenges--engagements, break-ups, mission reunions, intramural championships, getting into that graduate program, going on a study abroad, etc. Over the 6 1/2 years I've been "in charge" (in parentheses because they great students truly run the show), I've been privileged to work with 500+ students. Each has been memorable, mostly in wonderful ways. It's been an honor associating with them. I love you guys a lot!
While we weather the Church's hiring freeze, I'm wearing two hats. It keeps me busy with an insanely hectic schedule, but I'm glad that it allows me to be with the Telefund crew just a little bit longer!

Here's our current Leadership team at our belated Christmas trip to Tucano's last week.
6 comments:
You didn't say what your new position is! Inquiring minds want to know... :) (Even Ryan asked when I told him you were leaving the Telefund.)
It's been quite a ride. Thanks for the great times!
Dave, what news! Congrats. But, yes, we need to know what your new position is.
Sorry for omitting that...I'm the Director of Annual Giving. Thanks you all!
You certainly have the experience to back that one up! Congrats! Hope you enjoy it!
Congratulations! It's wonderful that you are able to find a great new job without having to move. Yay for BYU! :)
Post a Comment