David has been after me to write more on the blog, so here I am. I don't mind doing it, but I usually don't think about it and he's such a good writer that I'm more than happy to let him do it. I've been thinking a lot about setting goals (I hate the term "resolutions" because let's face it-we all break them) and things I want to accomplish. A friend of mine told me that she has big goals, but she also has a system of breaking goals down into monthly goals so she can evaluate them better. I really liked her idea of how she does that because I am a list person. I LOVE to make lists and cross things off as I've accomplished them-good thing my husband doesn't think I'm too weird since he does it to:) Needless to say, January is almost over and I have yet to write anything down, but I have been thinking about it.
There are all kinds of goals. A few years ago, inspired by my brother and sister, I decided I wanted to run a marathon. This was a big deal for me because I have never enjoyed running. I did a 16 week training program and on April 23, 2005 I ran and completed the SLC Marathon. I found I really enjoyed running (well, after I ran about 3 miles, I passed some kind of wall and then it was actually easy and fun). I was not fast at all, but I crossed that finish line and that was my goal.
Today I am going to set some goals for myself for the next month. I WILL make my list-no matter how much the girls fight over the same toy, no matter how much I have to play referee, no matter how long it takes me to think of something to make for dinner, no matter how much I just want to veg out after the kids go to bed. I will do it!
2 comments:
I want to know what's on your list! I'm in the process of making a few myself. :)
P.S. My word verification is "wompings". Great word, huh?
Way to go Wifey! I'm proud of you :).
Post a Comment