Three Princesses and One Prince: The Queen and King just try to keep up...
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Pop!
Tonight I attempted to can salsa. I've never used a water bath canner, and in fact, I don't even own one, but tonight I did it! I borrowed a water bath canner from a neighbor (thanks Maren), and after lots of chopping throughout the day, I finally cooked it tonight and processed it. I just heard the "pop" from all 4 jars over the last 15 minutes and let me tell you, that is a great sound! I don't think I've ever heard that sound for myself-I've heard others talk about it, but tonight was a first for me. I've done lots of cooked jams, but have never processed it-instead doing the inversion method, and I've always gone to bed before the "pop". I've been missing out, let me tell you. Hopefully the salsa will be good-I just used the Ball recipe for Fiesta salsa to try to use up the millions of grape tomatoes we've been picking. I've never canned peaches or pears, but maybe that's the next step-who knows what I can accomplish! Now it's off to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hooray for canning! I agree that it is quite a feeling of accomplishment
Awesome! I've only done peaches this summer. Yes, the pop is great to hear. and yes, you are awesome and can accomplish a ton...you already do! love you!
Post a Comment