So, I get a phone call from a neighbor Tuesday morning at work, saying Elizabeth had probably broken a finger playing basketball. As I ran up to the church, the girls were outside playing in the snow. They quickly exclaimed to me, "Daddy, Mommy's finger's funny!"
Okay, so funny wasn't the word I'd use :). As you can see from the photo above, it was bent backward. We ran the children to my parents and dashed to the doctor's (one of the women playing with them happened to have a PA husband). Turns out it wasn't a break, but a severe dislocation. He numbed it, popped it into place and we had a splint made. Four hours later, we had her home with a good story to tell.
At least she got hurt playing basketball. If you're going to get hurt, it may as well happen while doing something celestial!


1 comment:
ooh, ouch. I hope it gets feeling better soon. Glad it wasn't broken.
Post a Comment