Why we were grateful in November:
· I had perhaps my best trip to Hawaii yet—very spiritual and motivating, thanks to amazing BYU—Hawaii students, colleagues, and donors. Also enjoyed the PCC, Honolulu, and an opportunity to interview ESPN writer (also BYU—H professor) Chad Ford about the Jazz.
· Was also grateful to return home to my beautiful family!
· Grandma Smith’s birthday celebration. We love you Grandma (and Grandpa—happy anniversary, too)!
· Kadence continues to love kindergarten. She was thrilled to be the Super Kid for seven days (the shortened week of Thanksgiving and the week afterwards).
· Tayah gave her first talk in Primary, talking about reverence (despite being anything but in sacrament meeting)
· I gave my first high council talk and only 14% of the congregation fell asleep. We’ll see if I can’t increase that next time around. Rookie…
· The right to vote on election day.
· Hearing Elder Holland speak live in a quarterly leadership series for the Church managers.
· Interviewing for and filling two full-time positions on our team at work. So excited for their additions!
· LDS Business College 125th anniversary week—president’s donor appreciation dinner, a reception, and meeting many students.
· Planning a mini mission reunion—our first in about seven years. You never forget those with whom you served. It was wonderful catching up with many.
· A get-together with my dear high school friends. I am so thankful for the friends I had growing up. What amazing examples.
· The NBA lockout is over!
· The children passing their dental exams, including Stockton’s first-ever.
· Smith Family Thanksgiving, including the Cranberry Rock-off. After never having lost in the first round (really!), I made it to the final four, where thankfully I emerged victorious.
· Thanksgiving dinner with the immediate family at our house. The food was delectable, the children adorable, and the family time priceless. So much for which to be thankful.
· Black Friday shopping with Elizabeth. It’s so odd to feel both ashamed and exhilarated at the same time. We got some great deals and the Christmas shopping is in full steam.
· We threw up the Christmas decorations that same Friday. Nothing like doing so with the music of the season in the background. We also hit the Spanish Fork Christmas Craft show.
· Darrell and I were treated to the Messiah Sing-in at Abravanel Hall. Supernal music in a beautiful setting.
· Lots of fun outings, including dates with Elizabeth and dinners out as a family.
· Together time!
No comments:
Post a Comment