Saturday, July 7, 2012

Finding Joy in the Journey

I read the talk, Finding Joy in the Journey, given by our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson, this morning and several quotes stuck out. 



"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."

"Send that note to the friend you’ve been neglecting; give your child a hug; give your parents a hug; say “I love you” more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. Friends move away, children grow up, loved ones pass on. It’s so easy to take others for granted, until that day when they’re gone from our lives and we are left with feelings of “what if” and “if only.”

Truly words to live by! As a parent, there are times where time seems to go by quicker than the wind blows. These are typically the times where I want to just hold our kids so they cannot possibly grow any more. 



Conversely, there are times when I take so much for granted. Live life without regrets. Make the moments count. I'm feeling the importance of time and taking advantage of each day, each experience. I definitely need to work on this more.

No comments: