Well, I finally hit the big 3-0 yesterday. Thanks to Elizabeth and the girls, it was a wonderful, wonderful day. There is nothing more special than being together as a family and I love my ladies so much.
I initially thought hitting 30 would be a bit devastating, but all in all, it's not that bad. Sure, the fun, carefree days of my 20's are in the past, but I definitely enjoyed them. I originally was going to list 30 things that I thought I would have accomplished by the time I hit this milestone, but why dwell on that? Instead, I'm going to list 10 of the my biggest blessings that have been mine during the last decade. I was astounded as I made this list:
1: I met and married my sweetheart Elizabeth. She, as the movies say, "completes me." I know, I know, quite cheesy, but true. I love her!
2: We have the two cutest girls this side of heaven. Kadence and Tayah are our joy.
(I could easily stop here...)
3: My two years as a missionary in Japan concluded, ending a magical experience that has helped shape my entire life. I truly cherish my time with my Japanese brothers and sisters.
4: BYU provided me with a stellar education at an university I absolutely love. I was able to study things that fascinated me...literature, foreign languages, and writing. I will always be grateful for education.
5: LDS Philanthropies has been a huge blessing in my life. I am thankful to have gainful employment in a field where I feel I make a viable difference in the lives of others. I love my BYU Telefund employees.
6: John Stockton. While it was sad to see him go a few years back, one never forgets his childhood hero.
7: Church callings that have stretched and blessed me. The gospel has a direct link with every blessing that is ours.
8: Friendships that have been formed and cultivated. Friends are among life's most precious treasures.
9: Our home. There is nothing that can replace the safety and peace found in a home. It is a refuge from life's storms.
10: Family. A fellow simply could not ask for better parents, parents-in-law, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and adopted relatives.
If all these things blessed my third decade of life, I look forward to what my 30's may bring. I'm certainly excited for Elizabeth to join me in a year and some change!
No comments:
Post a Comment