Saturday, January 10, 2009

Call me the Grocery Guru!

So I'm feeling pretty good about some great deals I found at Albertsons. Of course, I had to get up at 5:40 this morning to get to Albertsons to get the good deals! Well, at least they told me that they would have everything stocked when they opened at 6 a.m. (I have since learned that the checkers don't really know how they do things in the back and that the shelves would not be restocked until 8 or 9). I waited patiently in the back of the store with about 15-20 other ladies for the 2 workers to bring out one pallet after another, only to have them not be able to locate a few of the items I really wanted. I'll try again later or at another location to go back and get all that icing I wanted for $0.35 before my coupons expire tonight! This morning I only paid $42 and got:

10 boxes Golden Grahams
5 boxes of Trix
1 Total
2 Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal
5 boxes (40 oz.) bisquick
22 boxes fruit snacks
6 boxes Fruit by the Foot
6 boxes Gushers
1 Cheerios Snack Mix
1 box Fiber One Granola bars
1 Oral B Advanced toothbrush
3 boxes Betty Crocker Potatoes

I was feeling pretty good about all that I got thanks to the great deal Albertsons had, coupons I had and extras from my sister, and patience (it did take about 20 minutes to ring up, plus waiting in line behind all the other savvy shoppers)! Here's a picture of our spoils.

6 comments:

Marc and Marie Johnson said...

Nice! I love getting those good deals with the ad prices + the coupons! Love ya!

The Cluff Family said...

Wow! I"m totally impressed. I cut coupons, but since we also go to Costco, it seems that there aren't often too many coupons that I can use. I know there are some systems out there that track sales for you - do you use any?

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, I use the pinchingyourpennies.com website...I can check all the grocery store ads on there and they list the coupons by date on there so I have all my coupons organized that way...then I just have to print off the list of items I want and look up the coupons, and presto-money saved!

Piano Mom said...

Impressive! I didn't hear about the Albertsons sale until late yesterday so I missed it. My own fault...I usually don't even look at the Albertsons ad. Oh well!

The Brewer's said...

I am quite impressed! I need to get better about using the coupons I get. I'll have to go check out that website.

Kerry said...

I'm happy for you-however I don't have the guts to do that!

I did get a 10 0ut of 10 on your Christmas quiz--so I don't get good deals-but I'm still going to heaven!