Tuesday, April 28, 2009

RIP 2008-2009 Jazz Season

Let's see what kind of adjectives I can use to describe what was the Jazz season (not that all of you care, but frankly, it's pretty cathartic to write this): underwhelming, disappointing, frustrating, horrendous, inconsistent, surprising, alarming, appalling, heartless, gutless, effortless, and...well, you get the point. While I was not shocked by their performance last night in losing the the devil incarnate Kobe Bryant and his minions, otherwise known as the LA Lakers, I wish they would've come out and laid it all out there. If not for the win, for the fans. In all my years watching the Jazz (21 years), I've never seen a team play like this: losing so many games they should've won, not even feigning to play defense, and just giving up time and time again in big and not-so-big games.

I always look forward to the offseason to see what the Jazz do to get better...I just wasn't expecting them to get starting so soon. Let's hope it's a good one and that we'll come back more focused and cohesive next year!

Yes, pretty lame to write this in our family blog, but what can you do?!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Hey I didn't even know you guys were expecting another one--congrats!

Last night when Eric and I were watching the game-I told him Dave Smith is doing this exact same thing--and Eric says Yup! Though it was sad-we still thought of you!

Kim said...

Congratulations on the new baby! How exciting. I hope Elizabeth is feeling good. You have beautiful girls. Sorry about the Jazz, there is always next year.

dean said...

i laughed about this several times yesterday- wanted to tell you- thanks, lol