Three Princesses and One Prince: The Queen and King just try to keep up...
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
On our own and still alive...
The kids and I have been on our own for 4 days (Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues) since my parents left and David has had to be at work for some meetings and we're still alive. I am glad though that David was able to take off today and entertain the girls while I slept in a little and took a nap...now I think I'll have enough energy to make it to the weekend when he'll be home again! We've watched a movie every afternoon, but the girls have been really good to play together in the mornings. We even ventured out to 2 doctors appointments yesterday morning (checkups for Stockton and I) with all 3 kids and were only about 5 minutes late to the first appointment. Not too bad. We have read lots of books (mainly the same 7-8 books from the library) while Stockton eats, but apparently Granny and Gramps picked out good ones 2 weeks ago from the library because the girls can't get enough of them (unfortunately this mommy is tired of reading The Grandma Cure 3-4 times a day). Stocton has been a great baby and it's already impossible to imagine life before he joined our family. He even lets us go about 3 hours between feedings at night, and he'd sleep forever curled up on our chest if we let him! The girls have been really gentle with him for the most part and are really good to only give him kisses on his hair, so as to not smother him with kisses all over his face. It is so cute to see them interact with Stockton. I love our kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you're adjusting well! I can't imagine being on my own that soon after having Clayton. Ryan was able to be home for a month--and I needed every second of it to recover. I'm glad your girls love Stockton. Isn't it fun to watch them interact? I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you!
Glad to hear all is well! I'm impressed you took the girls to your appointment! Love you!
Congratulations on having your sweet little boy. And I'm glad it's going well. It is pretty hard to be left to care for them alone, especially with other little ones to care for too. It sounds like you're doing incredibly well. Good luck!
Congratulations to you! I know that if I were in your place, I would feel very proud of myself. :) I am still anxious at the thought of two, but I'm sure when it happens, I will find a way to manage. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment