Monday, November 7, 2011

Obligatory Halloween Photo/Hawaii trip


Kadence loved being Ariel, Tayah Dorothy, and Stockton, our little tiger (he really didn't have a choice)!  Our Halloween activities: the BYU Halloween Spooktacular, ward fall festival, school parties, Springville's Main Street trick-or-treating, trunk-or-treating at Dad and Donna's, and hitting our dear neighbors' houses.  I could not believe the loot they came away with!

I didn't take any photos this time, but my trip to BYU-Hawaii this past week was among the best I've taken.  I really felt strongly the spirit of these special places (the Polynesian Cultural Center being the other).  We took in downtown Honolulu, Waikiki, the PCC villages and night show, and many amazing restaurants.  The highlight: meeting memorable students and donors.  I also was able to interview one of my favorite NBA writers, ESPN's Chad Ford, who was kind enough to be interviewed about the Utah Jazz.  Stay tuned for my blog post.

All that said, I cannot tell you how much I missed my family.  I am saddened to have missed the trick or treating, but am thrilled they had a great time.  It pained me to be away...really.  If it was this bad being gone for six days...

I love Elizabeth and our sweet children!

No comments: