Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Big News: We're Moving!

We never saw this one coming, but when something is right, you have to do it. I was offered another position within LDS Philanthropies to help the work over at BYU-Hawaii. Yes, I've only been doing this job since December, and we haven't found someone for the Telefund yet, but I've always had a special place in my heart for BYU-H and the incredible students over there. I've been there four times and it's amazing!

In three months, we'll be packing up our house and moving to the islands. It is quite a change, but as we've discussed it as a family--including our girls--we're all on the same page. Elizabeth has been behind me since we found out last week. When we told Kadence and Tayah about the ocean, the weather, the great food, etc., they seem pretty excited, but a little sad to be separated from their friends. After all, we told Kadence, she's already been there and she loved it then (granted, she was only eight months old)! We broke the news to our family last night and while they are a bit shocked, are being extremely supportive. We also told our bishop and he was just as surprised. It'll be hard leaving our neighborhood, ward, and our callings, as well as our dear friends. Thank goodness for the Internet and blogs, right?! We hope you will all support us in our new adventures. This will give me a chance to use my Japanese a lot more and will give the girls a cultural experience they just can't have anywhere else. Plus, it gives you extra incentive to make that trip to Hawaii you've all wanted to go on, correct?

We've got a lot to do--selling our house, finding a place to live in or near Laie, and getting all our affairs in order, but thankfully we've got time. We don't move until July 1 and today is just...



April 1st! Happy April Fool's Day everyone!

9 comments:

Kristine said...

You got me, Dave. I'm glad you're still going to be here, though. Since living in Springville, we haven't seen you. And as I was reading that, I thought, "Oh how sad, we never even had them over."

So don't go moving any time soon. :)

The Cluff Family said...

Dave, my favorite part of the joke was your background. It MUST be true, because of the palm trees! :)

Will and Heidi said...

VERY FUNNY, but we were getting excited for our Hawaii trip, that was going to be that much more fun because you would be there!

Amanda said...

I figured this was an April Fools thing--and honestly, I'm really disappointed! :) We would have LOVED to come visit you in Hawaii.

Kara M. said...

Holy Cow!!! That's Awesome!!!! I'm so excited!

Megan said...

Not so funny, mister! I was totally convinced... and was going to be really sad to see your family leave! So glad you're really staying! :)

Carolyn said...

OK - I was totally suckered...thought how exciting it would be....how jealous I was. Then you had to go ruin it!

Kerry said...

Holy cow-you've got to be kidding me! THat wasn't funny! I was getting excited because my sister and her family live there as well..oh well.

Kurt Reinhardt said...

You stinker! I guess this means we'll have to see you out our back window still ;)!