The next day we went to the grand parade on Main Street and the girls loved it. Stockton and Kadence weren't too sure about all the fire trucks and their horns at the beginning of the parade, but Tayah loved it. They still throw out a bunch of candy in this parade, and we had some great laughs watching the girls ti
midly trying to get some candy. They would run out to a piece of candy, then bend down slowly, and more often than not, as they started reaching for the piece, someone else that was quicker would snatch it right up. They finally started getting quicker, but didn't really understand that they could pick up more than one piece at a time. It was fun to watch them be so excited. We came home with lots of tootsie rolls and happy kids. That afternoon, we drove up to Sandy and attended the Utah Asian Festival. There were lots of booths selling their wares and several booths even selling asian food. They had various performing groups, some craft activities for kids, and the highlight of course was the face painting.
Kadence has been asking David and I on and off for the last month or so if she could get her hair cut. She wanted it cut short like her friend, but when I explained that if it was that short then she wouldn't be able to have braids or ponytails anymore (I wanted to make sure she understood that whatever hair cut she wanted would be permanent, that we couldn't put the hair back on if she changed her mind), she looked torn. I suggested that maybe we could give her "medium" hair, and she brightened right up. We've been trying to do it the last several days, but between trips to the pool, and Stockton taking a short afternoon nap, we weren't able to cut it until today. She was really excited when I pulled out my Christmas present (hair cutting kit), put the drape on her, got out the scissors, and started spraying her hair to get it all wet. She sat so still and just smiled the whole time. After we finished, she looked in the mirror a few times, all the while still smiling. I told her how beautiful she was and her response was, "I know Mom, I do look beautiful with medium hair." All Tayah would say in response is "I don't want all that hair on the floor." Apparently I wasn't sweeping up the 4+ inches of hair on the floor. It looks really cute, and it's definitely different seeing her with shorter hair. Hopefully she'll still love it over the next little while. I'm sure she'll enjoy not getting so many knots in her hair!
Kadence has been asking David and I on and off for the last month or so if she could get her hair cut. She wanted it cut short like her friend, but when I explained that if it was that short then she wouldn't be able to have braids or ponytails anymore (I wanted to make sure she understood that whatever hair cut she wanted would be permanent, that we couldn't put the hair back on if she changed her mind), she looked torn. I suggested that maybe we could give her "medium" hair, and she brightened right up. We've been trying to do it the last several days, but between trips to the pool, and Stockton taking a short afternoon nap, we weren't able to cut it until today. She was really excited when I pulled out my Christmas present (hair cutting kit), put the drape on her, got out the scissors, and started spraying her hair to get it all wet. She sat so still and just smiled the whole time. After we finished, she looked in the mirror a few times, all the while still smiling. I told her how beautiful she was and her response was, "I know Mom, I do look beautiful with medium hair." All Tayah would say in response is "I don't want all that hair on the floor." Apparently I wasn't sweeping up the 4+ inches of hair on the floor. It looks really cute, and it's definitely different seeing her with shorter hair. Hopefully she'll still love it over the next little while. I'm sure she'll enjoy not getting so many knots in her hair!
Not to be left out, here's a picture of our cute Stockton!
No comments:
Post a Comment