Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More Adventures!




First off, some fun things our girls have said this week:
Kadenceisms:
She had hurt her ankle one side, but a few minutes later, was rubbing the other side.  I asked why it was hurting there now and she replied "I changed my mind Daddy."

"Cinderella sent me some e-mail messages..."

Tayahisms:
"I like candy that makes my teeth stick together."


A few of the new adventures:
-We went to the Utah Lake Festival at Utah Lake on Saturday and had a good time.  There were booths, games for the kids, and lots of fishing/outdoors stuff that didn't interest us a whole lot.  Still, it was something different and we enjoyed having Andrea's kids with us (they were here last weekend for Avery's soccer tournament).
-For date night, Elizabeth and I took in the Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand concert up at the Sandy Amphitheatre.  Fantastic music, great entertainers, nice (slightly raining) weather, and a beautiful girl.  Not a bad night at all!  Anyone who has seen them will agree, they are fun musicians. 


-I attended all three days of our ward's youth conference at Aspen Grove.  What remarkable youth!  We had 21 come.  Among other things, we played games, hiked Stewart Falls, had several workshops (missionary work, dating, education, preparing for the future, and doing things the right way), a pair of firesides, a dance, lots of food, and great bonding experiences.  I managed to get a memorable sunburn, but other than that...fantastic time!
-We helped plan our big Smith Family Home Evening held at Grandma Smith's residence in Orem.  We had a fun time playing Family Feud.  We love our family. 

No comments: