So today we "ran out of diapers" for Tayah, and we tried princess panties and the "big girl potty". Well, 4 outfits later and at the end of the day, we finally had 1 success! Wahoo. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but if she's only making it to the bathroom 1 time, then it just might not be time for her, no matter how hard we want it. We're crossing our fingers because we're tired of diapers!
3 comments:
Because my son wanted nothing to do with the potty I had 4 kids in diapers for about 15 months. Then as I was working with Dillon (my oldest) on potty training and semi working with Jennilyn (my 2nd child) I got Dillon pretty mush potty trained now that he is 4 and Jennilyn trained herself in a week and she is 2 1/2. But she had a lot of accidents like your Tayah did I was so frustrated with her. Now it is just the twins who are only 16 months old. I think I might start to work with them later this year. Maybe I will have all 4 potty trained by Christmas? (probably wishful thinking)
Good luck-I'm frustrated with my 3.5 year old! This is good inspiration!
I know how you feel! I tried to potty train Whitney around the time she turned 3--and she just went whenever and wherever she wanted. Finally, Ryan and I decided that with her personality, Whitney was just going to have to do it on her own timetable. And within a month or two, she did.
The Primary teachers/leaders started commenting that Whitney was doing the potty dance, so they took her to the potty. And then she started doing that at home. (This is all while wearing a diaper.) She started asking to wear princess panties--which were one of the incentives 2 months before and she hadn't cared. Finally, she was wearing a dry diaper for so long that the velcro started to fail. So we finally put her in panties.
Hang in there! She'll catch on! And, if not this time, then the time is not too far away.
Post a Comment