Monday, August 30, 2010

Taking Time to Smell the Roses

We took our children for an amazing afternoon adventure to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens.  What a beautiful, relaxing place to spend a few hours.  It is really a remarkable place and we're lucky to have it!  I'll just add a montage of photos with just some brief descriptions.  Here are the girls "on stage!"
Our beautiful girls in front of some water lillies (and tons of fish you can't see here). 
Stockton and I are extremely lucky to have our three women in our lives!
Our terrific three-year old Tayah trying to teeter-totter (alliteration is great)...
"I don't want to work.  I just want to bang on the drums all day..."
In front of the waterfalls.

No offense to these gorgeous sprawling hills, but our princesses are prettier!
And our prince is adorable...

My girls and me, admiring a very Japanese-like koi pond...
So many fun things to see and do.  Kadence and Tayah in a beautiful setting. 
They were pretty stoked to be in the Secret Garden (a recent favorite book). 

We have loved several mini excursions this summer, trying to do something along these lines each week or so.  We have a few things left on our list these final waning weeks of summer.  If we learned anything in these gardens, we need to step back from the constant busyness of life (and our last few weeks have been hectic)and take time to smell the roses!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

That does look fun! That part is free too..that's great!