Thursday, May 22, 2008

This is Joy


No, joy is not out little Tayah waking up before 5:30 this morning. Joy has been holding her the past 45 minutes. Is there any feeling warmer and deeper than holding a little one, especially your own? If you can think of something that is better, I'd love to hear.

Last night, Kadence and I had a cuddle session too. She's pretty much on the mend, but she just wanted to be held. Lately, she's really taken a liking to the movie Emma. There is a song on that film that I've sung to her since she was born. The other day, Elizabeth and I were baffled as she suddenly burst out in song at the dinner table. We couldn't tell what she was singing for the life of us. Finally, it dawned on us...it was this song. It is so cute to hear her sing it. So, the past few evenings, she and I have watched that scene right before bed. I love moments like that.

I love being a daddy. I pinch myself sometimes to make sure that this is real. When I realize it is, I thank my Heavenly Father for sending Elizabeth and me these two little angels. I'm also grateful for my Elizabeth. We couldn't ask for a better wife and mother.

This truly is joy!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think you're right--nothing better than cuddling your own kiddos!