Saturday, December 27, 2008

12 Days of Christmas

Here are the things I did for Elizabeth and the girls for this year's version of the Twelve Days:



12 Drummers Drumming- Nutcrackers, plus a dozen roses for E and flowers for K and T



11 Pipers Piping: a Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD, both for the pipes in the organ and the pipes they use for singing!



10 Lords A'Leaping: tickets to the 01.31 BYU Basketball game



9 Ladies Dancing: Mamma Mia! on DVD. Such a great movie, minus Pierce Brosnan's HORRIBLE voice!



8 Maids A'Milking: eight items with milk, including egg nog



7 Swans A'Swimming: Barbie Swan Princess



6 Geese A'Laying: Ferrero Rocher (resembles geese eggs!)



5 Golden Rings: donuts for breakfast!



4 Calling Birds: White Christmas



3 French Hens: Disney Princesses CD player, since many of these maids hail from France (a stretch, I know!).



2 Turtle Doves: Dove Chocolates

and 1 Partridge in a Pear Tree: a fun Christmas Book, with the Twelve Days in it.

I had fun doing this, but it was difficult trying to match it up with the word's actual lyrics (rather than just 12 of something, 11 of another, etc.). Merry Christmas Elizabeth, Kadence, and Tayah. We'll do it again next year!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

This looks like so much fun. You're girls are so lucky! Very creative ideas! I have loved reading your blog and keeping up on your family. Your daughters are beautiful.