Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Candids

Here are a few photos we didn't use for our Christmas letter:



It's terrible, I know, but I think Tayah's sad face is pretty cute--squinched eyes, square lip...so sad!



A Daddy/daughter snuggle shot.

We've had so much fun this week. It's just so wonderful to be together as a family. Saturday, we finished our shopping, wrapping, etc. It's nice to not have to rush out this week.

Sunday saw Elizabeth and I singing in the ward choir. I was also able to speak on Christmas and its meaning to me.

Monday, we were engulfed in snow and I loved it! Elizabeth worked for hours in the kitchen, preparing our neighborhood gifts (Rice Krispie Christmas wreaths) and we had a ball delivering them in the snow! It was so peaceful to watch the snow fall and the girls were patient as we'd leave the car idling and both of us would run plates out on both sides of the street. We've also concluded that dinner at Bajio's is always a good thing.

Yesterday, we went to the church to let the girls get out some energy. We got new basketballs for my birthday and it was great breaking them in. We read all our Christmas books and have been plowing through each of our Christmas CD's (have to listen to all of them at least once this season!). In the evening, we headed to Sandy for the Nelson Family party (Donna's side). We had a fun time and the girls loved the gifts from Great Grandma Nelson. To finish things off, Kevin and I delivered the giving tree items. It was amazing to see the generosity of our ward members. People were so excited to help and we actually had numerous additional presents dropped off at our house (including toys our Young Men bought with their own money). The love that exists this time of year is what Christmas is all about.

Kadenceisms:
-holding her church slip, she exclaims "Aunt Kara, this is my bra!"
-"Mammaria...here I go 'gain...my, my...how can I resistya" (she's on a huge Mamma Mia! kick)
-"My birthday's next...but after Baby Jesus' birthday!"

Tayahisms:
-"Luv you!"
-She's started to say Daddy and Mommy instead of Dada and Mama. Melts your heart. She also asks for Kadence first thing in the morning.

No comments: