Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day #3

Yes, we're finally "potty training" here at the Smith house! We've been encouraging Kadence to use the "big girl potty" for 6 months or so, but that is usually only right before bathtime. It seems like everytime we were going to try, several things would come up for that week and so I kept thinking, "I'll start after that is over". Well, on Thursday as we were changing diapers before nap time, Kadence noticed that she was getting out her last diaper (how quickly she forgot that we just bought a new box of her diapers 2 hours before at Walmart, but hadn't opened the box). She told me, "Mom, this is my last diaper. I promise after nap I'll wear my panties." I thought, why not just go for it if she's willing? Well, after her nap we did it and I told her if she stayed dry until bedtime, she could choose a special treat. She chose cupcakes, so during dinner I made them and she got to eat one after dinner. We had gotten some pullups a few weeks before, and we tried those at night and during naps since. We explained that they were special night time panties...not a diaper...and that she needed to keep them dry and go potty right when she woke up. Friday morning she was dry, as well as Friday's nap. Saturday morning, was dry, but not an empty pull up:) She did great yesterday for her hap staying dry in just panties. We've only had 3 accidents, and we've made it out to dinner successfully (although she decided she just doesn't like that paper liner they have in public restrooms), and to the BYU men's basketball game yesterday. We're crossing our fingers for church today! She's doing really well-I just have to tell her when it's time to try again-she's only told us 1 time that she has to go. We're hoping this works out-we're really enjoying only having to change 1 child's diaper!

1 comment:

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

yeah for sucessful potty training! I would like to be invited to your blog if that is okay. I think that David my have my email. If that's okay...