Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our YES Girl

You know how's there such a thing as Yes Men at work? Well, Tayah has become our Yes Girl at home! No, she does not do everything Elizabeth and I ask her too--far from it. But the last week, she has mastered the art of saying "yes," quite emphathically. It is unbelievably cute to hear!

We couldn't be more thrilled to have recovered our photos and documents from our old computer. Now, to get rid of it. Anyone want a five-year old, corrupted, and somewhat clunky computer? You can see why I didn't go into sales... You'll start seeing some photos soon!

It's been a busy week. I looked at my calendar Monday and realized I had 28 hours of meetings this work week.

I attended the BYU forum on Tuesday featuring a well-known professor and presenter named Arthur Brooks. His specialty is the effects of giving. What a remarkable presentation...nothing we aren't aware of at work, but the way he shared it was deep and thoughtful. His main assertion: giving helps us be happier, healthier, and even wealthier. There is a direct correlation. He isn't a member of the Church, but shared scriptures from the Book of Mormon and thanked the University and Church for all the charitable things we do. It was a moving hour. I probably bored some of you with this paragraph, but so be it.

Well, it's a beautiful morning and I hope you all enjoy your Thursday!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Yuck I hope all those meetings are during normal working hours-or I really feel for Elizabeth!