Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Here I am...

Well, I'm finally doing it...writing on the blog. I've had a few blog-worthy experiences the last week, so I'd better do my part and record them.

First, I had a wonderful anniversary thanks to my amazing husband. He had several tricks up his sleeve, and even though I threw him off balance by a last minute change in my schedule he was able to adjust and make it wonderful and I wouldn't have even known that I messed him up if he hadn't told me. Well, to explain, he took the day off, but didn't tell me...he pretended to go to work (only to run some errands and pick up a few presents and the most beautiful flowers) while the girls and I did our thing. He called with a question later on and mentioned that he'd see me in a few hours (probably around 4 or so). So, imagine my surprise when 20 minutes after I got the girls down for a nap, he showed up at home. I was on the phone, so he told me he had a headache and was going to lie down and could I go out to the car and get his things? Sure, so I went out to the car a few minutes later, still on the phone, only to find the "things" he was talking about consisted of flowers, and a few presents. He didn't really have a headache (which I was glad, so we could still go out that night), and we spent the afternoon at home with the girls, just being together. We went out that night to dinner and did a little shopping, and then saw The Proposal. It was a cute movie, but had a couple of unnecessary scenes in it (don't all movies seem to do that now, and it kind of puts a damper on the whole movie). I had a wonderful day-thanks Honey! I love you and can't believe it's already been 5 years!

1 comment:

David J. Smith said...

Wow, this husband of yours sounds like he's quite the catch! Way to take up the challenge. Happy Anniversary and I love you!