Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's about time...

I know I'm long overdue for an entry, and I figured I'd better do it now before our little boy makes his big entrance. It has been a busy summer with lots of activities with family and friends. At the end of July, my grandma passed away and I was able to ride up to Northern Idaho to her funeral with two of my sisters and my brother. We drove through the night to get there and then left the night of the funeral to come back to Pocatello where I then drove back to Springville for the day to meet back up with David and the girls. The funeral was a really good service with all my uncles participating as well as my grandma's brother. It was good to be with my parents, siblings, and many cousins and reflect on the life of a woman we all love so dearly.


After the funeral (on a Monday), they allowed a travel day to drive down to Soda Springs to have a graveside service on Wednesday. David and I met the family there that morning for the service and were even able to show the girls the geyser (sp.) going off that is next to the cemetary. After a great service there we went to the church where the Torgesens had a meal waiting for the family. What a wonderfuly family we have!


We continued from there to start our family reunion that David and I were planning with Russ and Aspen. We had 58 people, 36 of which were 11 and under. We started it off by going to the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple Open House and then continued down to Joseph, Utah where we were staying at "The Old Church". We had lots of fun activities there at the remodeled church and went on a hike at Fremont Indian State Park, and some even participated with the locals in floating "down the canal" aka irrigation ditch. It ended all too soon, and David headed back up to work and the girls and I continued our adventure by heading down to Lake Powell with about 2/3 of my family.



We had a great time at Lake Powell (although we missed David, and could have done without some screaming/crying spells that our girls seem to enjoy so much:). We built lots of sand castles, buried Mom's feet in the mud, taking little rowboat rides with Mom, lots of treats from Granny, and rides in Gramps' boat. The girls were really good about wearing their lifejackets whenever they were near the water-in fact, they loved them, so I only ever had to remind them a few times-they were usually begging for me to put them on, and I had to coax them to take them off to eat:) I even took the girls on the tubes (or "pancakes" as the kids were calling them this year) and they really liked it. Every time we went in the boat, Tayah would scream in excitement as soon as Gramps started going fast. After we came home the girls couldn't stop talking about Lake Powell and Gramps' boat. They can't wait for next year! Here are some pictures of us on the tubes.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to see a post from you! :) What a fun summer. Hope you have a wonderful last few weeks before the baby comes!

David J. Smith said...

Wow...my eyes were deceiving me for a second. Did my lovely wife write an entry?! :)