Like most of you, we were thrilled at the miraculous, underdog, unexpected, faith-promoting shocker/upset of a victory Saturday night by our mighty, mighty Cougars. What an amazing win that hopefully is the precursor of the season ahead...let's make it a special one. I'm always proud to be a BYU Cougar, but even more so today and this week!
Elizabeth and I went to the Jon Schmidt concert at Thanksgiving Point Saturday night (yes, during the game). What an amazing pianist and entertainer. It is always incredible to watch or listen to something so truly great. I admire those who make their talents into works of art and do it so well. We've been to many of his concerts and this was really one of the best...and not just his concerts, but all concerts I've ever been to. It was that good! Hopefully the link works, but our personal favorite song right now is his Love Story Meets Love Story (it does! Just click on this entry's title and it'll take you to a You Tube video). When he premiered it Saturday, the crowd went crazy. Standing-O for four or five minutes. Really electric.
We have had a great weekend and look forward to being together today. I love my family!
3 comments:
The game AND John Schmidt in the same night? Were the people around you surprised when you shouted "GO COUGS!!!" in the middle of the concert? ;) Sounds like a great weekend. Although, with BYU's win, nothing could bring that weekend down.
Thanks for informing us about the Jon Schmidt song. Totally awesome! Viva la Vida is one of my favorite songs.
I LOVE Jon Schmidt! I saw him at EFY ages ago and just LOVE him! I'm so glad you guys got to enjoy him.
You're baby is here in a month..that's super exciting!
And that game was cool-Eric had to work so I recorded it for him, when he got home at 11pm he watches it, then he was so full of adrenalin he couldn't sleep..so he had to stay up way into the middle of the night..crazy how sports effect you guys!
Post a Comment