Monday, February 4, 2008

First Presidency



We are thrilled to have a new First Presidency in place, Presidents Thomas S. Monson, Henry B. Eyring, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf. As they were presented at this morning's press conference, I had no doubts that these are the men Heavenly Father needs at this time.

We, like all of you, took in President Hinckley's funeral Saturday. What a remarkable and historic day. All the people, their visible and quiet tributes, the words of his dear associates, and the music that day were moving and not-soon-to-be-forgotten. As they played that montage of images of his ministry toward the end, the tears came. We love our President Hinckley and he will always have a special place in our hearts. It was our honor to call him our Prophet for 13 years.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I also have no doubts that these men are exactly right in these callings at this time. I think it was easy to know that Pres. Monson and Pres. Eyring are right, but as soon as they announced Pres. Uchtdorf, I immediately felt that was right as well. Every time I think about it, I just get so excited to see what the Lord plans to do with these humble, willing servants!