We apologize for the lack of entries, but we've been on vacation. And what a wonderful vacation it was (I just committed a grammatical taboo--starting a sentence with the word "and!")! After frantically packing and getting things tied down at work, home, and with church callings, we left Wednesday evening and drove straight through the night to Old Town, ID. I am certainly not an advocate for driving through the night, but it did help us make a quieter, smoother trip...who am I to argue?!
It was wonderful to be with Great-Grandma Torgesen (see photo above), G & G Torgesen, and every single member of the Torgesen family (10 siblings, 8 spouses, and 34 grandchildren). How special for every one to be together! Here's a photo of just a portion of Kadence and Tayah's cousins:
There's nothing like family! We are extremely grateful for the lodging that GG Torgesen provided for us all--it was a perfect setting for the reunion. Not only were there wonderful rooms, but all the recreation we could want. We played games, had a talent show (here's Granny and Gramps singing a duet just below), went hiking, had many great meals, viewed photos from the past, etc. The boys even played a two-hour spot of full-court basketball. I remember when I could do that for hours, but how the times have changed!
We ended up staying through Monday morning and made the trek home. The girls were good little travellers and we loved having Kara and Scott with us. We did have a little speeding ticket on the way back, thanks to an overzealous Idaho officer (we don't need to go into detail here :). We were appreciative of the time together and cherish them. We were especially grateful to be with Great-Grandma again. She is such a remarkable person and example and we love her deeply.
It's been a whirlwind of a week trying to pick up the pieces, but it's worth the memories we made. We love our family!
2 comments:
If the over-zealous Idaho officer was around Poky, let me know...a member of our Stk pres. is an officer...maybe I could get him to pull a few strings! :) Glad you made it home safely. Sure was fun to see everyone!
Unfortunately, it was in an awful spot in Shoshone County. Every time we drive through there now on the way to Mom and Dad's, I'll mutter "kind" things under my breath. It was wonderful to see you and the kids! Anytime you want to take a weekend trip, we've got plenty of room in the Smith Family inn!
Post a Comment