
Hypotheticals are always entertaining. I'm sure you've all thought...what if I had been born at a different time, in a different place, or in a different land. Everytime I do, I am overcome with gratitude that I was born exactly when I was. Today is Pioneer Day and I can say, with some certainty, that I would've been a terrible pioneer! I love reading their stories, hearing of their faith and sacrifice. They went through unbelieveable trials yet remained true to Heavenly Father's will. I am so thankful for all who came before...they are truly heroes. I question whether I could've borne what they endured. Here's a question to you: would you have been a good pioneer?
Last year, our stake went on a pioneer trek. It coincided right when Tayah was born, so I wisely stayed home. They'll be doing it again in a few years and I'll start psyching myself up to go. I imagine it'd be a huge testimony builder.
On Monday, we had a FHE on modern-day pioneers (we had the pioneer lesson the week before). It was fun showing the family photos of my Japanese brothers and sisters, people I sincerely consider to be pioneers in their own rights. They were and are still remarkable examples to me. The lesson will be more impactful a few years from now, but for the time being, Kadence liked seeing "Dad as a missionary!"
2 comments:
I would have been a HORRIBLE pioneer. I complain WAY too much. And, while I enjoy camping, doing so for months on end would get a little old.
Just a side note...it caught my attention that you said the ward would be going on another trek in a few years and you were gearing up for it. It's so strange to think about being in the same place for longer than a few years. But, that's the way it is supposed to be. One day we hope to be able to say the same thing. :)
We are so grateful to live in the neighborhood and ward we do! You will be able to say the same thing and it will be the best feeling in the world!
Post a Comment