Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Girls weekend

Okay, so I'm a little slow at posting, but better late than never. Two weeks ago my wonderful husband let me go down to Houston to have a weekend with my sisters and mom. David stayed home with the girls while I was gone from Thursday morning (6th) until Sunday night (9th). By Thursday night we were all at my sister Denise's house and having a great time talking, eating, and playing games (what we do best:). Thursday afternoon we all went (minus Kara whose flight didn't come in until later that night) to the Houston Temple.
Friday morning found us at a spa where Denise had gotten us all in to various appointments. I've never been to a spa before but quickly decided it was definitely something I could get used to. I got a manicure and a massage. I also used their hot tub, tried out the steam room for the first time and went in the sauna (I've only done that on my mission, and that was fully clothed). It was relaxing and I really liked it. We went out to eat at a favorite restaurant of Kara's called Los Cucos (a mexican restaurant) after the spa and I actually deviated from the chimichanga or usual Bajio salad I always order. Andrea and I split a meal and tried a stuffed avocado. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten. They stuff an avocado with your choice of meat (we got chicken fajita) and then cover it with mozzarella cheese and then put some kind of breading on the outside and of course, fry it! It was like a mozzarella stick with lots of extra yummy stuff! Saturday found us shopping, trying to find great deals which most were successful at, and eating lunch at Chick-Fil-A (now I can't remember how you spell that). Before our shopping spree, a good family friend, Judy, came over to Denise's and took lots of group pictures for us.

Sunday found us eating more, packing, then heading to church with Denise, and then most of us leaving for the airport directly from or soon after church. Marie, Carter, Kara and I were all able to be on the same flight back to Salt Lake, so we had fun visiting even more. The whole weekend was great. I ate way too much food (especially a new found love of chocolate covered pomogranites from Costco), stayed up too late, and had a lot of fun with everyone. David and the girls did wonderful without me (but I'm glad they did miss me and wanted me back as much as I missed them). Thanks again David for being supportive and such a great husband!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun weekend! I'm glad you got to go spend time with your sisters. And, I'm glad to hear you had a good experience at the spa. Ryan gave me a gift certificate for a massage for Mother's Day--and I'm finally going to use it next week. I have been a little nervous, but knowing you enjoyed it makes me less so. I'll just add here, YAY for David for staying home with the girls so you could have some much needed time off!

Marc and Marie Johnson said...

Nice recap! Can I copy and paste to my blog? Just kidding...one of these months I'll get around to doing my own. Was fun to travel w/ya! See ya next week!

Unknown said...

YES, was a fun weekend fo sho! I think we should do monthly massages! :) I hope you're excited for me to stay with you! :)

Carolyn said...

OH...I miss seeing all the Torgesen girls!! Your girls are growing up so much and they are beautiful! Wish I would have connected with you all! Give my love to everyone!