
Here is my MTC district as we all met up together for the first time in Japan...nearly 1 1/2 years in. This was a mission conference where then Elder Eyring was our speaker (and chastised us a bit, but that's a story in itself!).

Nothing is more beautiful than the sakura, or cherry blossoms. This is the month before returning home. My companion, Elder Jones, and I had had a busy few weeks (we were serving in the mission home) and we took a few hours off (after missing a P-day or two) to go to a downtown Tokyo park to take it in. Amazing.

Here I am with TJ Gallini and his wife Kaori. He was a member who met his wife while serving in the military. We got a phone call out of the blue, asking us to come teach her the discussions. Within two months, he was able to baptize his wife. Elder Lewis, one of my favorite companions, got transferred the week of the baptism, so that was bittersweet. Still, a great experience. I hope the Gallinis are doing well!

The day before flying home. So many emotions were going on in my head. It was fun to return home with three of my companions- Elder Palmer (MTC comp), Elder Bishop and Elder Willden.

Just a fun photo with Elder Latham (from my home stake in Orem) and Elder Palmer, one of my closest mission friends.
I love my mission!
3 comments:
Dave--please give details on when the piece will aire--I have BYU TV and would love to watch it.
Also, the Telefund called us a couple of nights ago, but I missed the phone call! I was so disappointed . . . please call back--we'll donate!
We saw you on BYU Weekly this morning!! So cool!! (Don't know whether this was the first airing... but it was a surprise to us!) We usually catch it on Sunday mornings before Music & the Spoken Word. Patrick kept telling the kids to sit down and watch Daddy's friend. Way to be famous! :)
Dave i saw your blog off of the JTNM site and decided to see what you are up to. I think I took a couple of those pictures from zone meetings while i was companions with jarvis choro. It definately does bring back a lot of good memories! I know that we overlapped, but I can't remember the fine details. All I know is that you came home before me. I was there from 98-00. Continue the good work! It was nice reading things about you.
-Bowler Choro
Post a Comment