5:59 AM- So, for the second consecutive day, Kadence has decided that getting up before 6:00 AM is a good thing (even if it interupts Daddy's scripture study). Suffice it to say, she is on my lap helping me type this entry. In fact, she may include some commentary of her own...who knows?
Quick update: 6:26 AM: Tayah has joined us now. Our early risers!
One of my favorite things in life is putting Kadence down for the night. We have this routine that melts my heart. After getting her dressed and her teeth brushed, she prayerfully chooses a book to read. I say prayerfully because, oft times, it appears as if she's praying about the selection (she already knows how to stall this!). We read the book and then she snuggles in and we say our prayer. She even starts out "Heavn'ly Fader...thank this day." So cute. We then sing a hymn and I rub her back. At the very end, here's our exchange:
"Daddy loves you!"
"Daddy uvs yuu!" (whispered)
"Night-night."
"Nite-nite!"
We then blow air kisses to each other. What a neat experience it is to be a father. The simple things make it so special!
2 comments:
DJ. Elizabeth, Tayah, and Kadence are lucky to have you. That's all I have to say.
I love that you put your routine in writing--that will be a great memory to look back on in the future. I hate when I'm not home when it's time to put our girls to bed. There's something almost sacred about that time--and it's just too good to miss out on!
Post a Comment