Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I Want My Daddy 'Gin!"

Lately, when either Elizabeth or I are leaving the house for work or church, Kadence comes running up and cries out empathetically, "I want my Daddy 'gin! I want my Daddy 'gin!" Or in other words, "don't leave Daddy(or Mommy)!" Yesterday as I was heading off for work, that was her plea and it caused me to feel some pangs of sadness. Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love my job and my callings. But when she calls out for this, I can't help but want to skip out and stay to play kitchen, wipe her runny nose, and watch a rousing episode of Signing Time, Micky Mouse Clubhouse, or the Doodlebops. This is when it would be nice to be independently wealthy.

What a blessing it is to be a parent, and in our case, to these two angels!


No comments: