Thursday, April 3, 2008

"I Like Daddy-Daughter Date Daddy!"



Kadence and I went our first Daddy/Daughter date on Saturday. Now that she's two years old, I hope to make it a monthly occasion for the two of us. We made a trip to the Springville Art Museum and had a grand time together. It was so cute for her to yell out (not in her "quiet voice"), "Daddy...a dog!" "Look Daddy... a choo-choo train!" She was fascinated by the art, especially by the mechanical fountain in the main area (those who've been there know what I am talking about). There was even a new exhibit starting that day, so we took advantage of the cupcakes they were offering. Afterward, I asked if she wanted ice cream from Burger King or McDonald's. Her reply: "McDonald's Daddy. Old McDonald had an ice cream!" What a precious time together. It was especially fun as several times, out of the blue, she squeezed my hand and said "I like Daddy-daughter date Daddy!" I was meant to have little girls!

No comments: