Friday, April 4, 2008

Weekly Highlights

Since we've not updated much this week, here are some highlights from each day:
-Sunday: wonderful sacrament meeting with inspiring talks about service. The bishopric shared the 5th Sunday lesson, covering talks from the recent Worldwide Leadership Training meeting about families. I was able to cover President Monson's talk entitled "A Sanctuary from the World." It was a wonderful topic to study.
-Monday: Family Home Evening about the First Presidency. According to Kadence, they are "President Monnnsennn, President Iiiiring and President Dorf!"
-Tuesday: Elizabeth attended a wonderful Enrichment night where the sisters shared their talents. I had our end of the semester banquet with my staff. Seeing as it was April 1st, I thought it prim and proper to pull a little prank. Jeff, the Annual Giving director, told my students that I accepted a position elsewhere within LDSP. The looks and dead silence were priceless. Sorry guys!
-Wednesday: Tayah signed Daddy! She has also done ball and more. She's in a baby sign language play-group (the same one Kadence went to 1 1/2 yrs ago) at the Wilkins'. So fun for her to communicate beyond the typical scream or cry!
-Thursday: Kadence is in love with "Princess Gell," or for the rest of us, Princess Giselle from Enchanted. I think we found a winner!
-Friday: Tayah got up at 6:25 this morning. When I went in there, she was standing up, grinning from ear to ear. Time goes by too quickly!

We're looking forward to today. We've got the day off and we're making the most of it. Tayah has her nine-month appointment and the girls are going to have Grandpa/Grandma time while we go to the temple to do sealings as a bishopric. Great times!

No comments: