I've had a number of people ask me if that whole bit about the mid-life crisis is true at age 30. In my case, it's not the fact that I've surpassed the three decade mark, but rather that my little girl turns two in a few short weeks. For my birthday in December, one of the many wonderful gifts Elizabeth and the girls got me was a sweet book called "Daddy, Will You Dance with Me?" It details the different stages of a girl's life and how dancing with her father made everything better. Boy, what a tear jerker! Kadence likes this book too and chooses it every now and then for a bed-time read. As I read this book to her, it gets me thinking about how quickly the time does and will continue to go with our baby girls. Two years old! My sweet Kadence girl was just born, for crying out loud. It makes me want to capture every little thing in a bottle and save it for future rainy days. Elizabeth thinks it's silly that I always stop to watch a few minutes of Father of the Bride anytime it's on. A guess a Daddy simply has a special bond with his little girl and has a hard time seeing them grow up...
Kadence has joined the land of the living and has a message for all you blog-readers:
hxxxxxxbxJU dwm454 c c
A literary genius at two-years old. Or, make that 23 1/2 months. We'll do our best to prolong the inevitable.
1 comment:
oh, I'm so glad someone else besides me watches Father of the Bride. It makes me teary everytime I watch it. :)
Post a Comment