Three Princesses and One Prince: The Queen and King just try to keep up...
Saturday, October 18, 2008
A Chosen Generation
The past two days, I participated briefly in the BYU President's Leadership Council meetings for work. The PLC are some of BYU's most loyal, generous donors and we are very grateful for all they do. The most moving part are always the student presentations. Yesterday, BYU students from five different colleges presented some of the things they're doing, with the theme of BYU 2020: what the university is doing to help the world and its future. I am constantly amazed by the remarkable achievements of these students: research in far off countries, projects that save babies' lives, efforts that break down cultural barriers, etc. I'm only six years off my own BYU graduation, but I'm continually stunned by how talented, intelligent, and service-oriented each group of students are. They are more prepared, more capable, and better equipped than even last year's crop. They have more opportunities and technology is on their side. Most importantly, they have the Spirit in their eyes. I work with 85 wonderful students who illustrate this point to me daily. Heavenly Father continues to bless the world with this chosen generation and that trend is not going to stop!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment