Thursday, October 2, 2008

Things For Which I'm Grateful

It's not Thanksgiving yet, but it's important to always be grateful. Here's a random list of five things, smaller things, for which I am extremely thankful.



1- 46 miles per gallon: my father was wise in encouraging me to look into a hybrid five years ago...before they were in vogue. With gas prices not going down anytime soon, this has been heaven sent.

2- Elizabeth's shopping prowess: she's an absolute master with these things, using www.pinchingyourpennies.com, coupons, and weekly ads to save a boat-load of money. You know how grocery stores list your savings at the bottom? One my wifey has had lay on things, we often save several times the amount we spend. She's happy to share her expertise with people!



3- The pumpkin field across the street. It adds the feeling of autumn to things. Yesterday, the girls and I enjoyed watching the workers set up a chain where they'd throw these pumpkins from one person to the next, ending up in their carts. Talk about medicine balls! Tayah loves exclaiming "Punki!"

4- I grow weary of big sports outlets like ESPN and Sports Illustrated because they clearly pick their favorites and stick with them despite any evidence that other players and teams are better. All fluff and no substance. Of course, I'm biased, but they always seem to downplay my Utah Jazz. i couldn't be happier to read this article yesterday predicting the Jazz to win the West and head to the Finals. It's a rarity, so let's enjoy it!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=JazzForecast0809

5- Tight, tight hugs from my girls...including the one I'm getting from Kadence as I type this entry. Nothing could be better!

No comments: