Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Musings on Conference

Here's the obligatory General Conference entry that is mostly for me to jot down my impressions. I don't expect people to read this, but if you do, thanks to you :). First off, we had a fun Saturday morning breakfast with many ward friends. Thanks Austin and Athena for having us over!



Okay, here are some highlights: Elder Perry talking about Thoreau, one of my favorite authors, Elder Oaks' simple, yet poignant words on sacrament meeting, President Uchtdorf's pair of talks about hope and "lifting where you stand (accepting callings and magnifying them)," Elder Holland sharing thoughts on angels, Zion as defined by Elder Christofferson, President Eyring urging us to be unified in all we do, and Elder Scott's PPI with the brethren, asking probing, thought-provoking questions as only he can. He also exhorted us to show love and respect for the women in our lives. It was wonderful to hear the announcements of the five new temples (I don't know if everyone understands the ramifications of having a temple in Rome is!). President Monson's four talks were great too and he truly is the Prophet. I loved how he described the unity of the First Presidency. What wonderful men.



I, like you, came away with lots of pearls. Now, it's time to put things into motion and really apply what we learned. Here we go!

No comments: