
Last evening, we held an education fireside for our youth. Each of us shared different things--the importance of preparing now for the future, the stark reality of finances, and the principles of education. We've had a few youth graduate from high school, entirely unprepared for what "real life" was going to bring. We hope it was helpful and eye-opening for them. We just wish more of them would've come!

As I was preparing and sharing, I again realized how grateful I am for education. Learning is a wonderful thing that brings so much joy. It opens the doors of opportunity and brings happiness, adventure, and security. My years in elementary, junior high, and high school taught me many thing. More importantly my four years at BYU were life-changing. I am so grateful that for what I've learned to this point and what I've yet to learn!
Boring entry, I know. One more note of importance...tonight is the season opener of the Office and we're just a little excited! We just want to know what's going to happen to...
4 comments:
My BYU education was one of the things that has been most important in my life. All the other schooling leading up to that was purely in preparation for that experience.
And, you'll have to let me know what happens with Jim and Pam. We got busy at the end of the season last year and just don't watch TV in the evenings anymore. But, I would definitely love a synopsis! :)
You've got it Amanda...inquiring minds want to know!
You've got it Amanda...inquiring minds want to know!
Post a Comment