
Ronan Tynin has a remarkable story. Born with a childhood disease that rendered his legs crippled, he chose to have them amputated at the knees. Most people would think this to be a huge trial, but he used it as motivation. He went on to do great things: Olympic gold medal winner in numerous events, going through medical school to become a doctor, training himself to be a professional and well-known singer, and sharing his story with the world. He even played Shrek on Broadway! His optimistic outlook on life and they way he's set his sights high was contagious. I left wanting to be a better, more driven person. He taught the importance of giving and receiving encouragement, following your dreams, and using everything--positive or negative--to our advantage. Thanks Ronan, for "dropping into our lives" yesterday!

After having the dean of the Law School come speak to the Telefund crew (and a subsequent Brick Oven pizza party), I dashed to the church for a special youth fireside with Elder Kenneth Johnson of the Seventy. It was special to hear him speak to the Young Men and Women. How neat to hear his experiences and advice to our youth.
I am glad to have had these experiences yesterday. I felt blessed by them.
1 comment:
That was a great forum, wasn't it? I had to laugh when he talked about the "little white lies". He was incredibly entertaining and inspiring. I cannot believe a person can accomplish so much in life! Cool stories.
Post a Comment